Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Headlines :
May 06, 2024, 08:56:41 AM
* Home Search Calendar Login Register

St. Francis' Institution Homepage

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10

on: September 21, 2006, 09:11:14 PM 
Started by Webmaster - Last post by Webmaster
I am sure many of us know about consumerism, but what exactly is consumerism?

Let us refer to dictionary the meaning of consumer : "One that consumes, especially one that acquires goods or services for direct use or ownership rather than for resale or use in production and manufacturing."

So, do you know what is consumerism (consumer + ism) Laugh Huh Consumerism actually means that a movement / an act seeking to protect and inform consumers by requiring such practices as honest packaging and advertising, product guarantees, and improved safety standards. Police

Now, you must be wondering why I mentioned all these? Well, the most important message is that everybody must realize that consumers are protected by certain laws. If you have bought an expired product, don't be hesitate to return your goods to the dealer.

This ideology came into full focus in the 1960's after President John F. Kennedy introduced the Consumer Bill of Rights, which stated that the consuming public has a right to be safe, to be informed, to choose, and to be heard.

Everyone is welcomed here to discuss about anything related to consumer. Smiley

on: September 21, 2006, 02:57:42 PM 
Started by shanwayne@hotmail.com - Last post by loohan
Scouts rox

on: September 21, 2006, 01:30:57 PM 
Started by john toner - Last post by loohan
Hi, John Toner!
      I assume you are the Australian guy that visited us the other day..(though I think the other day meant a few months ago Grin...) I'd never actually expect to hear from you through this forum. By the way, in case you haven't already guessed, I'm the guy who 'briefed' you and your family on our robot competition. Anyway, for amateurs and first timers like us, entering this competition is quite intimidating to us. However, I guess our robot managed to grab a place in the top 10 spot though not mentioned considering it managed to cover most of the track. But still, the experience gained is invaluable. And I'm still hoping together with my team mates that we will get a better result next year. Anyway, I hope to keep in touch with you and your family. Somehow, its nice to know some who is so far away yet actually so close to each other thanks to our Alma Mater. By the way, my name is Loo Han. My team mates are: Jude(the rather plump one) and Manoj(the rather black one). Keep in touch with them and me whenever possible. Just use my e-mail address : loohan@gmail.com for normal messaging, msn messenger and friendster. - AGE QUOD AGIS -

on: September 20, 2006, 02:32:26 PM 
Started by kdash - Last post by kdash
 Did u guys wake up n come 2 school , tell smtg like this , " good morning , how r u ? , fine , so how we gonna ^+^ the form sixers life 2day ? gee , i don't know , hey , just drop by their class , observe them n if they do anything wrong , complain 2 the school authorities" ... nonsense , cos u know what ? u guys r a bunch of motha-^+^ing blood-sucking , back stabbing FAGGOTS .....what happened if u were in our shoes ? do u like it if we do the same ? we got no permanent class n that's y we have 2 mix wit some bad-@$$ ppl around ..... the school told that entire lower 6 white , but there r some innocent guys who nvr make a sound also got convicted 4 ntg .... WHy ? did ur parents feed u with fork n spoon until u're full enough n u don know what 2 do except making other's life miserable ? u guys got another year 2 SPm , worry bout that ...we form 6-ers got STPM n no doubt can handle ourselves n if some of us cant , just tell "SOME" , not all , this is getting outrageous n u guys better put on ur thinking cap b4 saying anything that might get on ppl's nerves ......

on: September 16, 2006, 12:56:37 PM 
anyone here is a fan of this tv series , prison break ? it's a very cool one , i tried 2 download it from the net , but everytime i tried 2 open it , i can hear the sound but there's no picture , i wonder y ?

on: September 15, 2006, 04:53:12 PM 
looking 4 the dvd of this tv series .... can anyone tell me where can i get it ?

on: September 14, 2006, 07:17:52 PM 
Started by metamonkey - Last post by metamonkey
newspaper report
including sfi Shocked...  Smiley lucky for them, can sleep!

Afternoon session for 13 Malacca secondary schools

MALACCA: Despite objections from many parents and teachers, afternoon sessions will be begin in 13 secondary schools in the state to ease overcrowding.

All Remove and Form One classes in the 13 schools will be held during the afternoon session starting January 2007. Form Two classes in these schools may also be in the afternoon in 2008, if the number of students keeps increasing.

The schools are SMK Gajah Berang, SMK Infant Jesus Convent, SMK Notre Dame, SMK St Francis, SMK Yok Bin, SMK Munshi Abdullah, SMK Seri Tanjung, SMK St David, SMK Tun Haji Abdul Malek, SMK Tun Mutahir, SMK Malim, SMK Bukit Katil and SMK Bukit Rambai.

State education director Azizah Abdul Gani said yesterday the Education Ministry had approved the state’s application for afternoon sessions without delay as the schools were considered “critically cramped.” 

“Having an afternoon session is the best solution to the congestion problem. We hope all the affected parents and teachers will get ready for the change,” she said yesterday. 

Some of the affected schools were opposed to the afternoon session, saying it was difficult to reorganise staff to man both sessions.

Azizah said she had briefed principals and headmasters of 84 secondary and primary schools in the Melaka Tengah district regarding the afternoon sessions.

“The principals will meet the parents soon to explain the operation of the afternoon session,” she said.

Some classes with too many students had to be divided into two and this has created a floating class problem where students had to move to different classes that were free for the hour, Azizah said.

“It not only affects normal class operations, it is also difficult for the school to ensure discipline,” she said.

on: September 12, 2006, 08:49:20 PM 
Started by Neji-kun~~ - Last post by realn00b
Hey,anyone here plays the cassiopeia server??

on: September 12, 2006, 07:54:14 PM 
Started by Leon - Last post by shinchan89
yaya..... join the band.....i'm the in the band..... :-)
playing the saxophone.. i'm christopher if u know me......
well..... what they say is correct..... don always ponteng here n there......
must always stay active.... like me..... i join the band when i was in form 3.....
u must also divide your time.... although i join when i was form 3.... i got flying colours in my PMR result...
now i can play saxophone n clarinet......
must be hardworking anyway.......

on: September 11, 2006, 06:40:45 PM 
Started by JokeR - Last post by metamonkey
to mr. joker
说得好.... Tongue

身为猴子, 一定要把这些香蕉吃掉。 yum......

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10

News
Shoutbox
April 01, 2008, 04:30:03 PM X-DRAGONz - hi visit my FROUm - http://forum.angnetwork.info/
January 18, 2008, 12:23:30 AM loohan - Happy (Chinese) New Year to all Franciscans!!
November 30, 2007, 07:30:39 PM X-DRAGONz - anyone wan ply my r.o private server?
May 29, 2007, 10:43:27 AM Zeta - zzzzz.....
February 16, 2007, 09:53:45 PM alexander - Yo!Happy CNY to all franciscans! May pig year brings luck and prosperity to all of u!
Clock
Sponsored Links
Affiliates

St. Francis' Institution Forum | Powered by SMF 1.1 RC1 | Hosted by ZSnipe.com.
© 2001-2005, Lewis Media. All Rights Reserved.